![]() |
| (Photo from author/taken from Instagram) |
It's time for Thursday Thoughts, in which I try to sum up the major lessons I learned from college football today. It's halftime in the Wazzu/BYU game, and I've now got a breather to get some words out.
First lesson: It's finally college football season!
I know what you're thinking: "Well, duh." But don't stop reading there! We've already seen multiple invocations of the new helmet loss rule, the student fans are out in full force, and (most important of all) there was almost a huge top-10 upset in tonight's SCar/Vandy game. I'm through with hearing about the NFL pre-season, and I'm so very ready for Saturday. Don't get me wrong - I like watching the Mannings play, and I'm still a Packers fan at heart. But I can only take so much of the NFL, their ridiculous time clock rules, and piss poor fans before I break. Luckily CFB swept in and saved me!
Second lesson: It's not just Tuel that's average, Leach.
Walking into the locker room at halftime, Coach Leach was asked what he thought of Wazzu QB Jeff Tuel's performance in the first half. He shrugged and said, "Eh, average," before looking away and continuing in to hopefully give his team some much needed motivation. My first reaction was laughter. Oh, that Leach. Then I thought, "Hey, the guy has a point." Of course the commentators followed his comment up by saying "14 for 24 and an interception qualifies as average?" No touchdowns, no defensive stoppage to speak of, and multiple mistakes on the part of the QB - Tuel's not the only one that's average, Leach. I admit - I was a little concerned when I heard he was hired by Wazzu. He was an offensive beast at Texas Tech, and quite honestly, Wazzu isn't horrible. But today's performance (so far) isn't anything to write home about.
Now that I've typed all of this, Wazzu responds with a great kick return to open the second half. Let's go Pac-12!

No comments:
Post a Comment